Re-opening our play facilities
We would like to thank residents for their patience whilst they have been working towards re-opening our parks and play areas.
We’re pleased to announce that Bratch Park, Brickbridge Playing Fields MUGA and Poolhouse Play Area will re-open from Monday 20th July 2020.
It is imperative that residents follow some simple guidelines which are published below and will also be displayed at our parks and play areas to ensure that they remain a safe place for all.
- Do not use the equipment if you or any member of your household has Covid-19 coronavirus symptoms or are self-isolating.
- The equipment in this park is checked regularly for damage and wear and tear but is not cleaned, sanitised or disinfected.
- This is shared equipment, used at your own risk.
- Make sure you have hand sanitiser with you before entering this play area.
- Encourage everyone in your family to use hand sanitiser regularly and as a minimum before and after using the equipment.
- Where there are clear touch points on equipment, for example, handles, it is advisable that users clean the equipment before use.
- You MUST maintain social distancing from others unless they are from the same household – current advice is to maintain at least 1 metre (with risk mitigations) if 2 metres is not viable.
- Each piece of equipment should be used by only one family/ bubble at a time while social distancing. Please ensure your family waits at a safe distance if the equipment is in use or return later to use the equipment.
- Please do not touch your face, especially after using the equipment. Should you cough or sneeze, please do so into a tissue or your arm if you do not have a tissue with you. Put used tissues in the bin immediately.
- The Government guidance states under 3’s should not wear face coverings. Parents should follow caution if older children are wearing face coverings, especially on play equipment, as this could pose an additional safety risk. If your family do wear disposable PPE, please use the bins provided or take it home with you if the bin is full. PLEASE DO NOT LITTER.
- To mitigate the risk of transmission of Covid-19 coronavirus, the consumption of food or drink in this area is currently banned.
- Ensure you wash your hands thoroughly when you get home.
Wombourne Parish Council will not accept any responsibility for individuals using the equipment, as users do so at their own risk.
We hope you enjoy using this play area and thank you for helping to keep everyone safe. Should you have any queries, please call the Parish Council Office on 01902 896300.
In order to observe social distancing, some pieces of equipment may be marked as out of use. Please observe this and do not try to use this equipment.
We do reserve the right to close the play areas if we feel that the guidance is not being adhered to or the parks and play areas are being misused. Your safety is paramount and we want to ensure that our recreational areas are a safe space for everyone.
As always, if you have any queries, please feel free to contact us on 01902 896300.
Thank you to each and every one of you who signed up to volunteer to assist your local community – your kindness and support really is appreciated.
By now every household in Wombourne will have received a flyer with our contact details, some useful information, and the red/green I’m self-isolating cards for their windows.
We now wish to move onto the second phase of supporting the elderly and/or vulnerable in our community by asking each of you to act as a Street Warden for your own street.
If on your daily walk you can check the houses in your own street to see if your neighbours are displaying the red ‘I’m self-isolating and need assistance’ card in their window, this would be a great help to us. If you see this card, please try to ascertain what assistance your neighbour requires (of course taking into account the Government’s advice around social distancing and keeping 2m apart), whether it be shopping or collecting a prescription etc. If you are able to safely assist your neighbor yourself, we would ask you to do that, otherwise, if you need to seek assistance from us, you can do so by calling in your neighbours’ details to us on 01902 896300 or by sending us an email with their name, address and telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please may we remind you all to wash your hands regularly, use gloves where/if possible and please do not enter anyone else’s home – any shopping/medication should be left on your neighbours doorstep. This is a free service we are offering through yourselves as volunteers, therefore we would ask you to politely decline any cash/reward you may be offered for assisting your neighbour (they should only be paying for the goods they receive).
Stay safe and well, and once again, a huge thank you to you all – together we will come through this pandemic with an ever stronger sense of community spirit.
In response to feedback on social media, we have taken the decision to keep the equipment at Poolhouse Play Area and the gates at Bratch Park locked until further notice.
We would urge all parents to ensure that they and their children are following the Government’s advice on social distancing i.e. ensuring you are at least 2m apart and staying at home where possible.
Whilst it is difficult decision to keep our recreational facilities closed, we hope it will assist in the Government’s aim to slow the spread of the Coronavirus across our community.
If you have queries, please call the Parish Council Office on 01902 896300.
If anyone is made aware of someone vulnerable and/or alone who needs help, please ask them to call the Parish Council (or call us yourself) on 01902 896300, and we can arrange to get them some to them.
In the event of the Parish Council office being closed, a recorded message will give details of who they should contact.
Please, we would encourage you all to look out for your neighbours at this difficult time, especially those who are self isolating, whether it is collecting shopping for them, or just giving them a call so that they can hear a friendly voice.
In view of the current situation Wombourne Civic Centre will be closed with immediate effect for private functions, classes, meetings and to members of the public accessing the Parish Council Office, until further notice.
For those who have functions booked in at the Civic Centre in the forthcoming weeks, if you haven’t already spoken to a member of staff this week, they will be in touch with you from Monday onwards.
We shall be following the Government’s recommendations closely and if there are any changes to the advice given, we will of course review this decision. The Parish Council will keep you informed via this website and our social media pages.
The health and welfare of our hirers, staff and members of our community is our utmost priority at this difficult time.
The Parish Council staff will continue to work from the Civic Centre where possible during office hours so if you have any queries, please contact them on 01902 896300 or via email – email@example.com
Tenants leasing office space are not affected by this decision to close the Civic Centre and can continue to access their offices for as long as the Government will allow.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.