Friends and Neighbours (FAN’s)
Young or just feeling young?
Energetic or not so agile?
Lonely or busy?
Wise or willing to learn?
You are needed, so can you spare an hour?
Why join a Friends and Neighbours (FAN’s) Network?
- It’s fun and you will meet new people
- You can make a difference
- It’s local and it’s informal
- It might help someone in need
- You will feel involved
- It could keep your household safer
- You can learn new skills and you might just save a life!
- Every one hour of your time can make a difference
- It fits around your availability
- Support is on hand and insurance to cover your activities
Aim of the Friends and Neighbours Project (FAN’s)
To set up networks, small or large
To connect people via their preferred means of communication so they can benefit from –
- Local information
- Social activities
- Knowing about local crime prevention
- Finding out about issues of immediate concern in their neighbourhood
- Look out for vulnerable neighbours
- Take part in activities and events
- Help to maintain the local surroundings
- Decide on the priorities for their own street, neighbourhood or village
- Bring in extra services, raise money and funding activities directly where needed
- Take part in training events
- Insurance is provided for most activities