Staffordshire Police have issued the following guidance to volunteers (Street Wardens) to follow –
All volunteers need to:
• either work alone if they can or be 2 meters apart
• wear gloves when handling food or medication
• ensure packages, boxes etc. are as clean as they can be
• have a letter or ID card to hand explaining their role of volunteering in the community
• the packages will just be for food and medication to those that are vulnerable and not able to get out themselves.
Please ensure that you have a printed copy of our email asking you to now become a Street Warden, or you can access the email on your phone if you are stopped by the Police.
If you have any queries, please call the Parish Council Office on 01902 896300.