Re-opening our play facilities
We would like to thank residents for their patience whilst they have been working towards re-opening our parks and play areas.
We’re pleased to announce that Bratch Park, Brickbridge Playing Fields MUGA and Poolhouse Play Area will re-open from Monday 20th July 2020.
It is imperative that residents follow some simple guidelines which are published below and will also be displayed at our parks and play areas to ensure that they remain a safe place for all.
- Do not use the equipment if you or any member of your household has Covid-19 coronavirus symptoms or are self-isolating.
- The equipment in this park is checked regularly for damage and wear and tear but is not cleaned, sanitised or disinfected.
- This is shared equipment, used at your own risk.
- Make sure you have hand sanitiser with you before entering this play area.
- Encourage everyone in your family to use hand sanitiser regularly and as a minimum before and after using the equipment.
- Where there are clear touch points on equipment, for example, handles, it is advisable that users clean the equipment before use.
- You MUST maintain social distancing from others unless they are from the same household – current advice is to maintain at least 1 metre (with risk mitigations) if 2 metres is not viable.
- Each piece of equipment should be used by only one family/ bubble at a time while social distancing. Please ensure your family waits at a safe distance if the equipment is in use or return later to use the equipment.
- Please do not touch your face, especially after using the equipment. Should you cough or sneeze, please do so into a tissue or your arm if you do not have a tissue with you. Put used tissues in the bin immediately.
- The Government guidance states under 3’s should not wear face coverings. Parents should follow caution if older children are wearing face coverings, especially on play equipment, as this could pose an additional safety risk. If your family do wear disposable PPE, please use the bins provided or take it home with you if the bin is full. PLEASE DO NOT LITTER.
- To mitigate the risk of transmission of Covid-19 coronavirus, the consumption of food or drink in this area is currently banned.
- Ensure you wash your hands thoroughly when you get home.
Wombourne Parish Council will not accept any responsibility for individuals using the equipment, as users do so at their own risk.
We hope you enjoy using this play area and thank you for helping to keep everyone safe. Should you have any queries, please call the Parish Council Office on 01902 896300.
In order to observe social distancing, some pieces of equipment may be marked as out of use. Please observe this and do not try to use this equipment.
We do reserve the right to close the play areas if we feel that the guidance is not being adhered to or the parks and play areas are being misused. Your safety is paramount and we want to ensure that our recreational areas are a safe space for everyone.
As always, if you have any queries, please feel free to contact us on 01902 896300.